Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ME ON SCENE!

Today I have filmed Sindy looking in the mirror at herself, her body image, showing how looks are important to her. I am looking back from the mirror. First I set the scene. My bedroom has blank walls and a white shelf at the back of my bed so I used this as it is neutral to build onto. I placed a large picture of Hitchcock's 'The Birds' (1963) at the back for a reference of the decade the film is set in. A Vespa calendar is on the wall and some shelves with various books. There is also a pic of marilyn monroe and a phallic shaped cactus plant!
I placed a small pic frame over the lens, which is not on the photo, to look as though I am looking in a mirror when I look in the camera. I wore an original 1960's mod dress, a blonde wig and lots of make-up with huge false eyelashes. I did several takes of me
looking in the viewer and camera, putting on lipstick and just generally checking hair and dress, etc. I was going to have Sindy approaching the mirror and then a backshot of her with me looking back at her but decided to film her looking into the camera, and I will blur the image to fade into my face. The last scene to do is the end where she gets back into her bed. I can then focus on the editing and sound.

No comments: