Tuesday, August 12, 2008

BLOODY COMPUTERS

Been trying to upload yesterday's rehearsal vid and even tried emailing it to the dancers but for some reason the internet is playing up and still is now. Oh how I love to rely on technology.......
I have spent today, firstly adding transitions to my footage, which is now complete, then I touched up a few pencil marks on the wall in performance space, with some white paint. Nicola and I were about to trot off to buy 'proper' blackout polythene, which she calculated to about £50, when I decided to rebel and suggest we try bin bags first....if they fail, then we buy the real stuff. So we bought 60 Tesco bin bags, total: £3.48 and double sided sticky tape and normal black tape, Total of all: £6.47.
Nic was a bit scared of heights after seeing the the 3 ft ladder we dragged up from the basement so I got up there and covered the windows. We kept the bags folded and doubled them up, they worked a treat, how I love to cheat and get a bargain all at once! The only problem was that I couldn't reach the top windows and security wouldn't allow me to tread on the false walls so I used a stick and a lot of patients and got the job done. So the 3 windows in the space are covered and I will do the lower 1s tomorrow as the light is coming up from behind the boards. I left Nicola to do the far window in the little room but it's going to be awkward so might not get done.
Tomorrow I will hoover the floor and mop it before the dancers arrive. I removed a screw that was sticking up and will look for others to ensure the floor is as safe as poss.
I now have stands and speakers and just need a shelf for the projector and dvd player. The techs are cutting the wood once I give them measurements and then I will have to put it up

No comments: