Monday, August 18, 2008

BORING STUFF

I hate it when the technical part comes. The shelf was put up last week on the right wall which I will have to angle down and keystone. I thought the distance off the back wall was too far because the 3d didn't look great. This would mean that the beam would be well out of the dancer's way.
The dance is completely finished and being rehearsed with a few space changes.
Today I finished the rest of the blackout with Greg and Chris. The room is as dark as we are going to get now. I can't get the keystone right and Nick Jones said the projector wont do it but he suggested that it was the dvd that made the film lose it's quality and if i played it through the computer with my FCP file then I could project from the back wall and it would look better. We experimented a bit with different angles and positions and I think that high up on the back is best. I need a long extension lead which Nick is getting tomorrow so hopefully the projections will be sorted then, and it's just the white material I need to project onto. Greg suggested putting the projector in the space and have the dancers move around it but i don't want to confuse the dancers now as it's just sinking in properly and having to make something to disguise it at this point would be another stress!!
I got another extension lead for the speakers and taped the wires down to make them neat. Everything is done apart from the computer cable, 1 more dress to buy/make and material. I think I am going to bring my 60's cubes in to have in the space where the dancers don't go, with scenarios of Sindys displayed on them. This will go well with the dynamic of the dancers and the screen images. It will also add another aesthetic and the screen image is really big, the dancers medium and the dolls small.

No comments: