Wednesday, July 2, 2008

FCP

Today i thought I would edit the same stills I did yesterday but in FCP rather than Adobe PR to see how they compared with the effects. It's nice to work with the dual screens at uni but the MAC crashes, which is really annoying!! FCP is easier to edit with for some things I think, unless it's just that I have used it more. For example, I don't know how to paste attributes in PR and when you have loads of stills you need it otherwise it takes ages to click on every 1 to change speed, filters etc. Also, you don't need AE with FCP because it's easy to change the filters for the glasses and put it into screen mode to view the 3d image.
I am still not happy with the light change on some of the stills. I really need to do it when it's dark and use lights and lamps because there are slight changes where the sun outside is shining stronger. I applied a contrast/brightness effect to all the clips hoping they would all come out the same but they are still a bit different. Also the focus on quite a few of the pics are off. I put the cam on a 10 sec timer so it would have chance to focus after I had shifted the cam over but it didn't work. I think I can lock the focus so I will try that too.
Still only one dancer..booooooo!!! If I need to then I will just have Leah on stage and have myself with 1 dancer on the projections in 3D. I am sure I can get a dancer for a few hours to learn material and be filmed if nothing else!! I don't mind dancing for the cam as I can film it in clips and my knee won't be put under strain, whereas in performance, I will need to perform from beginning to end and will worry that it might dislocate....damn my loose joints...those party tricks as a child were no good in the long run!

No comments: