Sunday, July 27, 2008

SPACE/FILM/EDIT

I have been really stressed recently about the whole damn project. The space allocation has not gone as I had wanted. It feels as if Nicola and me have been stuck together to share a place to make sure the uni has as much promotion as pos, rather than being given a decent space. I am not sure if the allocated place is ours for sure as there is now a sound issue. All I want is a nice wall to project onto and enough room for 2 dancers and an audience. We are probably going to have to buy paint or cloth to project onto as the walls we have are crap.
I have done loads more filming with the Sony hdv and logged and captured it last week. I have filmed stills as well as motion and will have still images when the dancers are moving a lot so as not to throw the audience too much info. Some clips are solos, some duets, and I have done a skating clip, sindy with a dog and a pram that rolls towards cam, and plain poses with various dolls. The trouble with the sony though is that the frames are all 1, like a film. I have had to seperate every move, which took ages and now i have to split each of those clips into left and right. It sounds easy enough but when you have 100s of clips, it's rather dooming and you have to watch the clips carefully to catch them before they switch focus.
However, on a good note, the clips I have edited so far have come out really well. I am so pleased, it's taken a load of experimenting, but it's now paying off. Another long winded task i am doing is in FCP. When I have the clips in screen mode to see the 2 clips together, I am now manually adjusting them to get a sharper and more effective 3d image. I have tried to copy and paste motion attributes but the clips are still slightly different. If I want the ghosting eradicated as much as pos then this is what I need to do. I am going to use the footage I have now, and try not to film any more, and spend the rest of the time getting them edited well and choreographing for the dancers.
The music should be done next week and is 10 mins long so that's my length for the show so I can edit the clips accordingly. I have arranged the 1st lot of stills into 1 min, which is how long the drone is at the beginning of the track. My title for the show is called 'PRETTY UNREACHABLE' I decided this as pretty relates to the vanity issue and unreachable are the goals we attempt when it comes to how we want to look.

No comments: