Tuesday, June 17, 2008

ADOBE

I have just played around with still footage in Adobe After Effects as it has a 3d glasses effect. After working out how to use it properly, (it took me about an hour) I got a good effect with the footage I had. Using a single camera, a rubbish Premier cam, I filmed the image then slid it over a couple of inches to the right and filmed the same thing. This is what I did with a Sindy doll with her leg pointing at the camera and then put the film into Final cut and got the best 3d image, out of all the different ways I have tried. The cam was pointed straight at the subject, on a flat, level surface.
Once the left and right images are imported in A.E I just applied the 3d glasses effect then chose which footage I wanted to be shown in left and right view. Then i chose a red/ blue balance to apply. You then go to composition to view it and hey presto, you get this...

There is no need to play the video as it's still footage...you need a pair of red/cyan glasses to see the 3d.The pixels are large because of the camera, but I am going to experiment with the 2 cameras again and I may use 1 cam to do the stills for the opening clip for the performance. I will feel happier when I have something edited and ready to project.

This pic is made up of 2 photographs, with the same process as above. I don't think it works as well because the distance to the camera was closer...maybe. The stool on the 1st clip looks really good as it's in the foreground but still a few feet away from the lens. The nearest cactus in this clip is about 10 inches from the camera so perhaps the key is to keep a distance.



No comments: