Friday, June 13, 2008

OVERALL AIMS

To summarise my plans for my final project....
A performance will take place using 3 live dancers on stage, along with 3d film projected onto a cinema screen. 3D glasses will need to be worn by the audience to view these images correctly. I am working closely with Gary who is creating the sound score and a dressmaker who will make 3 dresses in the style of Sindy patterns chosen by myself.
At the moment I am rehearsing 3 times a week with the dancers, creating dance inspired from the movement the dolls were manufactured to have. This changed over time, the active ballerina Sindy having the most flexibility in the limbs. A constant struggling theme will be present, back and forth, forced, mechanical, competetivness, unreachable targets, showing how women are striving to be like plastic images, alien type icons as advertised on billboards, tv, films, magazines, everywhere!! Sindy's image changed from the 1960's up to date, showing how society has become more fake and surreal with how it looks.
The projections are my main concern at the moment and will be the trickiest part as I have never done anything like it and am still not sure of the best way to do it. I have experimented with different ways but none have been good enough. I have emailed b'ham school of acting about life size sindy stands for my dancers, if they don't have any I will make them.

No comments: