Tuesday, June 3, 2008

STARTING DANCE

Today I was with Leah in the studio, creating the choreography for the 3d project. I used 2 ballet bars to act as the Sindy stands. The 1st section was created with the mechanics of the doll's body so each movement is a hinge. The movement is basic and repetitive, developing slowly and into a canon between the 3 dancers. I want the monotony to show the endless urge, without getting much further, the ridiculous goals that women try to reach.
After the bar is an extension of limbs and small twists on the floor. All dancers are in unison for the 1st time then Leah sta
nds and does a variation whilst Emma & Maria repeat on a different angle.
Now I have the 3d glasses I tried them out on some still footage I filmed, placing cam 1/2 inch apart. It worked but I need to try it with a Sindy extending towards the camera for a greater dynamic.
Tomorrow I am with Emma & Maria in the studio and will experiment further with the anaglyph images.

No comments: