Tuesday, February 12, 2008

EDITING

Had an experiment with some of the scenes I've filmed to see if they are coming out as I want. The log and capture was like 2nd nature after the last film; it's nice when these things become autonomous. The pole scene came out well, Nick showed me how to drop the background out using the filters and my old blue towels had done the job! The lighting worked and no shadows were created to cause problems. I want to shoot it again though because the sellotape shows so i need to think of something else to use. The towels need to be flattened to keep any creases because on 1 part, Sindy's boot gets slightly hidden by a bump. I want to try and secure the pole somehow to stop any wobble. I'm looking forward to re-shooting, I want to perfect the footage as much as I can and experimenting is what this project is about so it would be a problem if I went along with my first try. I learned how to crop the picture too. In the camera it looks fine but on screen you can see more of the shot. This is easily cropped and you can do it to each side as much as you need to, which is handy to know!
The hairdressing scene is my favourite so far but the duvet cover is creased, I may re-do this at a later point if I have time. I played around with the speed of the footage today only. Because it is animation you need to get it at a suitable speed to look right. This meant chopping up the scenes and changing a few frames then choosing the next few to a point where it looked ok to change again. The first scene of Sindy dreaming needs to be inconsistent because she is dreaming so some bits were sped up, some slowed and others copied and repeated.
I need to really focus on every detail when filming because I can see every little mistake, such as the poster not being stuck flush to the 'wall' and creases in fabric etc. Tomorrow I will film the dance and drug scenes. I also need to make them longer because speeding them up shortens the scenes drastically!

No comments: