Wednesday, February 6, 2008

MAYA INTRO

I was meant to have a session with a Maya expert on Tues but there was a problem with our version not working. We are getting a new installed so we just spoke about what I wanted to achieve and had a bit of a play in the sample copy.
For the dream scenes I want to have Sindy in Black & white (to reflect her melancholy) and the rest of the scene in colour, to bring a different look to the awake scenes. David said to film in colour and then we can change it in after effects but I will just film in B&W for the scenes where I won't need Maya. I asked about a technicolour effect, he wasn't sure what I meant but we can look when we get it installed. For the scenes where I want the animation to be placed in a virtual room I will need to film on a blue or green screen. This is no problem because of how small the scenes are so a piece of large paper will suffice, but if I want to create a background for the shots, which I will be in, I will need a larger backdrop. The first scene I am going to film is a pole dancing shot with the Sindy. I want her to be surrounded by mirrors, which I will try to create in Maya. You can create reflections, etc so this should be possible.
To build a character in Maya you start with different Polygons, using a sphere for the head usually. You can then pull out the nose, add hair etc. I need to take a pic of the doll I'm using. One from each angle with her in a sort of crucifix pose. Apparently it takes a few days to create a head so I've got my work cut out for my final project! I'm looking forward to getting started with the experimentation of Maya, the options are endless.
I printed out the poster for the Sindy bedroom and scaled it down to 6cmX8.5cm (roughly) so it looks the right size for Sindy. I have the tripod to start the stop motion properly, now I've had a play with animating her I can start shooting. I now have to look around the house and find a suitable item that can be used for a pole for Sindy! This will be fun, creating a pole dance frame by frame!!

No comments: