Thursday, February 7, 2008

POLE DANCE ANIMATION

Last night was fun! I found a long silver curtain pole in my cupboard, just the right width for Sindy! I covered my clothes horse with blue towels and sellotaped the pole to it, 3 ways to keep it secure. I had a lamp next to the scene as well as the room lights on to make it nice and bright.
I knew the animation would be hard to get it to look good but it was really fiddly for what I wanted her to do. I used sellotape to stick her hands and legs to the pole, because it's see through I'm hoping it won't show but the scene is short so hopefully it will not be noticeable.
I moved Sindy frame by frame (in her little 'Red Raver' number and red boots) to walk around the pole, 1 hand on pole. Then she lifts 1 leg and leans over. The next bit she jumps up the pole and goes upside down, gripping with her legs to slowly slide down and land on floor. To do this 'gracefully' was a challenge but I wanted it to look realistic. I'm happy with this scene for now and should be able to edit it all together to create a good little dance! Although I will do a few more things before I take the scene down.

No comments: