Tuesday, February 19, 2008

MORE SHOOTING

I decided to shoot another pole dance to try and improve the quality. I ironed the towels, not that they were bad before, but I wanted to make sure to do the best I could, for peace of mind. I secured the pole by poking it through a hole in a box then placing a towel (with a hole in it too) over the top. I tried to do similar moves to last time and smoothed the sellotape out flat so it was less noticeable.
The pole stayed in place better but still moved slightly, maybe blue tac on the floor would have held it in place. I did a few extra moves to make sure I had a lot of footage and I could look at the other sequence and edit them together.
I set up a dance studio in my bedroom. For this I got my faithful clothes horse and pegged some
1960's material to it for 1 wall. Next to it for the back wall I draped maroon organza to look like curtains and opposite were my mirrored wardrobe doors, for the studio mirror. The floor is laminated so that was handy. I filmed in black & white and shot from the floor diagonally as the dolls sat facing the camera. There was Lovely Lively, ballerina and a dollikin. This was to be a Martha Graham class so they were in position to begin their sequence. I dressed 2 in leotards only and dollikin in short trousers and cardigan too. I was really pleased with this but dollikin was not very good at sitting up so every time she slumped I put her back in a slightly different position so when I edit this may look bad. I did a short sequence with the 2 Sindys. This time it was a Cunningham exercise, ballerina Sindy was great because she was made to dance! Lovely Lively had problems with her elbows not being as manipulative so looked rather stiff. Tomorrow I will edit the scenes I have done today to see how they look.

No comments: