Monday, April 28, 2008

IMPORTING AUDIO

The final bit of audio has now been recorded. I tried to sing an accapella at the end (another Zombies track) but it was out of my range and sounded unbelievably bad! So i have opted for silence....a moment to contemplate poor Sindy's dilema and read the credits in peace!
I enjoyed putting the audio onto my track, it all came alive once the sound was there.
Yesterday I took the audio home and edited it in Logic but I edited it properly in final cut. I added fade ins and outs after i cut up each section so the room noise would be less noticeable. I placed each bit where I wanted it and to fit with the visuals. One clip in particular, where i am looking in the mirror, was placed exactly on a word so i blinked to fit with it.
The final scene was extended slightly to fit the audio better and also, it zooms out into the set, which I had planned to do before but decided not to. I think it refers to the reality/surreality of the film and Sindy's thoughts. It brings the audience back to the film and how she is just a doll on set that I have manipulated and used for my own thoughts.
I had a problem with the last scene not playing properly, it's done it before and makes it really hard to place the audio on. I had to guess it after the first bit had played so i hope it sounds ok. I changed the volume on most of the clips. My V.O had to be increased as other music played in the background and I faded between the 2 to make it sound good. The special effects worked well, they had to be turned up so they didn't just sound like background hiss. I think it's quite obvious now that they are Sindy moving.
I have exported the film and audio as a converted Qtime movie to send to gary. He needs the exact edit to work around for the sound he is doing. Once he has done the audio i can place it in and export it all from after effects.

No comments: