Monday, April 14, 2008

SOUND

The prozac scene has been changed to valium as Gary told me that prozac didnt exist in the 1960's! Also the Cog. behavioral ther. is just behavioral therapy now because that too came later. Im not sure if pole dancing existed but that's tough because i can't change that! I need to get after effects to finish that so i can't do anything visually until that is ready.
Gary came over and i showed him my film without sound. He said it has a 1970's kid's tv show feel to it!! I think the beginning does, I wanted it to be like Bagpuss so I must be succeeding. We recorded a rough voice over in Logic, using a headset and mic i bought, so he could get an idea of the rhythm. I had to cut a few things out of the narration to get a better fit with my editing. I had written it before the film was made and Gary pointed out a few grammatic errors!
I went through each scene and told Gary ideas for the sound and gave him the scenes I wanted him to do sound for. The opening titles are going to be little 'pops' to fit with the animation. When 'tormenture' comes up I want a 'Hitchcock' thriller type of sound. Gary will do the dream sequence. I asked him to include paranoia, clumps of laughter and whispers, and weird sounds to reflect the surrealism of dreams.
I am doing sound effects such as bed sheets moving, stamping feet on bed and any sounds that will add to the reality of the film. I am recording V.O at conservatoire to get a good sound and quality.
Gary may do the contemporary dance scenes, I want drum beats for the Graham and experimental sounds for Cunningham. He is going to research these choreographers to get ideas....I also mentioned John Cage. The pole dance will have an existing track like I chose for the LSD scene. Maybe some Jefferson airplane...'plastic fantastic lover'!
The credits at the end will have me singing a Zombies song (Greg will hate it I expect) it's called 'The way I feel inside' and fits perfectly with my theme. I will just sing one verse in mono.

No comments: