Tuesday, April 1, 2008

FINISHED

Well the last of the filming has been done I think! I filmed 11 Sindys each holding a letter I had written on a piece of paper in fancy font to spell my name. The backdrop was a lovely piece of retro fabric. I filmed both in colour and black and white to see which looks best when editing.
Today I also made some outfits from paper and black bin bags to re-create Allen Jones' 'women as furniture' to include 'Hatstand' 'Table' and 'Chair' from 1969. This was firstly for my essay, to put into my picture book but I will use the pics maybe for the cover of the DVD. I have been editing all of my footage and putting it in the correct order. The MAC was annoying me today because it said that there wasn't enough render space and to free up the disk! It still wasn't playing as well as it should so I will have to check it out to see my footage clearly. A few of the clips won't allow me to add transitions so I need to sort that too.
I put some nice kaleidoscope effects on a few of the clips: 3 on the prozac scene and 1 on the titles. I want to add some effects to the mirror scene where I am in it, it looks a bit raw at the moment. The pole dance needs a background, all of the sound has to be recorded too!
The longest job today was to change the clips where I had cropped them. I had to zoom them all to match and then crop the same so each clip ran smoothly into the next. I had to compromise with the chill out scene; I had cropped on the left by 10 but to zoom it in that much would lose a lot of the edges of the scene so I cropped to 5 and will have to put up with the bit of sindy stand in shot!

No comments: