Tuesday, April 29, 2008

WHERE'S IT GONE?

Well I got to uni to check my exported movie, which was there but none of the effects, apart from the stage, were there. I couldn't find the AE version so I am not sure if it was saved. Everything that was done yesterday was gone! Great..
I decided to open up the version with all the effects and import the audio and conversion again (because i altered the end slightly) . I tried to put the text in and managed to get the first line in but have no clue how to blur it and fade in like David did. I had a brainwave luckily which seems obvious now.... I imported the exported movie and used the text from yesterday so i placed it in and shrank it so just the end was on. Nick helped me export it, he said it didn't need rendering again, but this time in hdv as the quality was rubbish on the qtime movie. He said it was best to have an hdv copy anyway and we can change it tomorrow to dvd for systems that won't play hd.
We did a few tests to check quality and it looked a bit better.
Tomorrow I will burn them off, hopefully the soundtrack fits properly, if not I may be able to move the conversion (the one Gary has done sound to) up over the top of the fcp we worked with for AE so that it's that version we see. I wish I had thought of that today but assumed the effects were on top of the footage. I think they are separate though so it should work.

No comments: