Wednesday, April 9, 2008

LAST VISUAL TOUCHES

Well now that everything is in FCP I now have to tweak, just to get transitions and effects looking good, as well as making sure the edits are as near to perfect as an amateur filmmaker can get! The dream sequence effects....whirlpool, was repeated on the edges so that there was no hard edge, it looks great.
The final clip of the movie was swapped around a bit. The first clip of it had some footage on that I didn't want to fade into so I put it at the end of the last clip and shuffled then a bit until they looked good. I placed a soft focus effect on the 'mirror' clips of me and Sindy as well as adjusting the contrast so they looked similar.
I have realised that you learn how to film more effectively through editing. You have to make sure you have more footage on the beginning and ends of clips so that you can add transitions. I never knew before (it seems obvious now) that you could not fade between 2 clips if you only had the footage that was there and you had not cut any off. So I had to cut off a few frames either side of the 2 clips to place the transition on. It reads 'insufficient content' when there is not enough footage or the transition shows up as really small and does nothing...that's when you realise.
So, the finishing touches have been added now. I chose to place a kaleidoscope effect on the prozac scene, going into the 60's club to reference the era. I imported a cd track from 'The Zombies' for the club scene. It is an instrumental and fits well with the dancing. I opened the track with i tunes at first and tried importing them from there into FCP but they wouldn't let you choose them. I then just dragged them from the cd onto the desk top and they were already an Aiff file so I could import them.
I tried exporting the whole film as a movie file again to play on my pc but an error kept coming up. Nick changed the settings which then caused the film to be rendered again. It still wouldn't export it, saying error...disk space so I think the film is taking up a lot of room now! I just hope I can export it ok to put on to dvd.
Now I have to sort out the rest of the sound for the film. Friday I an meeting Gary to go back into Logic audio to do the dream sequence music. I need to book the studio to record the animation, which Nicola said she could be in the desk room as I am in the other speaking into the mic.
Now my essay is out of the way, the next month will be spent on the sound.

No comments: