Wednesday, April 30, 2008

MYSTERIES

Well I got to uni this morning to check my exported movie and the sound is completely in sync. I don't understand why though because I thought the movie was a slightly different cut!!?? Anyway, i am glad it fits. The only problem I have now is the quality of the film. It looks all pixelated, like a watercolour painting. Nick says it is best to use an uncompressed film when you put it into AE so I am now exporting the film again as a FCP movie with no compression to see if I can bring it in to replace the movie being used.
I have now tried to do the above to no avail. It seems that the effects are on the movie in AE and when I put the new 1 in it loses them. The screen, however, may be the problem because the quality looks different on the 2 screens. I have taken the exported movie from AE upstairs to look at it and again it looks different so Ana and I have put it back into FCP to export as a compressed file. We then put it into dvd studio pro and put a simple play button on and set the film to go back to the start when it ends. I now have 2 dv copies and am in the process of burning 2 hdv copies, hoping the quality will be better. The compressor is taking ages to do these compared to the dv. I have chosen the 16:9 letterbox format for the screen size.
I sat and waited for ages whilst the compressor worked on the hd film. Nick came along and said we had done it wrong and even if I wanted a hd copy it could only be played through a computer. We tried again as Nick told us but again, after a long period, they came out as an audio and film separately. So i just left it. When i got home to test my dv versions (the quality was poor at uni) i was extremely pleased to find the quality was brilliant on my tv!!! I am so pleased and less stressed now. I want to buy some dvd-r disks as I burnt one onto a dvd+rw whih is less quality, then i can burm a few copies. Tomorrow i will get the cover done and start on my self-assessment! Pleased, proud i love my film!!

No comments: